Thursday, February 09, 2006

Jump On The Bandwagon..



So lately I've been noticing a lot of label whoring going around lately..If you don't understand that..It basically means they stick to one brand...For example if there's a Bape head..And Nike puts out a patent leather Af1..They're gunna be like..COPY CATS!!...Its quite funny..I mean..C'mon people...Well do it at some point..But we need to give other brands a chance before shutting them down completely..I go to NYC a lot..And I love going to BWS before it opens..Because EVERYONE is Baped out from head to toe..Its like they put on their best fit to impress other people with what they have..Personally I think that's wack..Who the hell cares what your wearing..Sure you might "Break some necks"..If that makes you feel good..That's cool..ha..But it should really be about what YOU like...Mix and match...Buy what you want because you like it..Not because Pharrell or Kanye West is wearing it..I've noticed there's a lot of young kids that are coming up into the sneaker game on the HB forum that are like...I NEED BAPE...I LOVE BAPE...I LOVE NIGO..Its like..Dam man..Just caz you seen Rell rock it doesn't mean you needa be Baped out..To sum it up..You should wear what you like..Not what you see...Set your own trends..Don't copy trends that are already set..Like Rell and Busta said.."Let the followers follow" if your one of them..Re think what your whole style concept..caz in reality..You don't really have style..Its just what you see on TV you think is cool..Feel me?
here's an opinion of a fellow friend of mine from Hypebeast...And his opinion
Goschn:The fashion game is crazy. All these designers and colors and stuff...There is so much hot gear you'd wanna cop instantly, just cause it looks so good - or maybe cause your favorite celebrity is wearing it? In my opinion, people get confused these days. I mean, they don't dress to look good, they buy a certain brand and than display it. But what the heck...Do you want to dress well or do you want to advertise for your favorite fashion brand? There is nothing against buying Nikes or Bape or what ever, I do too. But only cause you wear a certain brand doesn't necessarily mean that you're well dressed. People wanna look like their favorite celebrity and forget to be original and good looking. I mean, wearing a Bape hoody is nothing special. But if you wear it well, than you turn heads for sure. I saw a pic somewhere of a guy wearing some baby blue money rolls Ice Cream, some Evisus, a grey Bape tee with some pink print and a brown Milo trucker cap. First thing I said to myself: "wow, this guy spent some serious money on his clothes", but on a second look, this guy's styling was just horrible...If he had thought for a minute before wearing it, he would have seen it. The colors were not matching, the jeans didn't go with the shoes, the cap was just out of the picture and especially didn't go with the grey tee. I know, I'm not the fashion police and I could care less what people are wearing. But trying to look like Pharrell just doesn't work. Maybe he can wear this, but most people can't. It's all about style and how you go along with it. That's why I highly respect Steve from the Alien Crew. This guys outfits are just crazy. He has found his style and he IS wearing Bape from time to time. But he doesn't try to look like Pharrell. And I know, that if I would dress like him, I would not look good. So basically what I'm trying to say is, do you. Seriously. I know a lot of you guys are probably thinking "but I'm doing me, I buy Bape just cause it's hot!"... Yeah, maybe. But maybe you should just take a step back, and look if what you dress really reflects your personality. And correct me if I'm wrong, but you aren't Nigo or Pharrell. Some kids wearing nothing else but Bape and BBC aren't well dressed, they just advertise for these companies. Try to be a bit more original and creative. There is so much hotness out there. Your outfits could be ten times crazier if you wouldn't focus on one single brand cause your favorite rapper is wearing it. And I know some dudes who spend in a year what I would spend in a month for clothes, and they're just on point with their styling. And they don't wear no Bape or BBC or Red Monkey or Evisu or Neighborhood or what not. They just wear what they like and still, they look ten times better than some kids on my space all baped up but with no sense for colors or matching clothes. So basically, fashion is just like everything else in life: it's not what you do but how you do it. Just keep that in mind when you go shopping next time.

Feel free to comment below..Love or Hate..Thanks to Bonafide for the pics..

3 Comments:

Blogger Missyroxtar said...

Very true...
thnx 4 speakin on this..
it needed 2 B said..
it's not about follow trends,
but expression of self that
makes fashion ur own. :)

plus, sum bape heads are
wrong-intentioned..so..YEAH.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Whizz said...

I saw a pic somewhere of a guy wearing some baby blue money rolls Ice Cream, some Evisus, a grey Bape tee with some pink print and a brown Milo trucker cap. First thing I said to myself: "wow, this guy spent some serious money on his clothes", but on a second look, this guy's styling was just horrible...If he had thought for a minute before wearing it, he would have seen it. The colors were not matching, the jeans didn't go with the shoes, the cap was just out of the picture and especially didn't go with the grey tee.

That was me and that was me in Rio on my last day where that was the only clean clothing I had left. I was knackered and I couldn't be fucked to mess with my hair so I donned the nearest thing closest to me. I know what could be seen as trying but I really wasn't on that day and I wouldn't be here now explaining myself and owning up if it was any other way.

What you said I totally agree with and i've personally been pushing around the forums for a little while.

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you about having your own style but i disagree with your point regarding the "Alien Crew having there own style. They are some brothas who dress like Japanese Street Kids..plain and simple. Im being completely objective when i say this, but ive seen there clothes and style and one could say they have been influence by Bape,Andre 3000,The crew dresses like throwback 70's early 80's type style funk out patterns, and off colors,mohawks and shit.(its already been done) Im not dissing by no means im merely trying to say is that everyone is not soley orignal, everyone is being influence by something that has already been produce. Hmmm Neptunes...Hmmmm Aliens...Theyve been influence ..or Andre 3000 he been on that Alien brotha from anotha planet when they drop Atliens..so everyone is influencing someone to come up with there spin on some shit..but in essence its still someone elses shit....

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Executive MBA
Get An Executive MBA from Top MBA Schools